http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/smelsy/homecoming.jpg

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A New Start

There will be someone in your life that makes you think hard, but there will always be people to make you think twice. No matter how many times you reassure yourself that you don't care what other people think about you, there will always be those that make you reconsider what you're wearing, or how you speak, or even how you look. A real task in life is not in trying to make yourself invincible when it comes to these words, but choosing friends that will help you to overcome them. A true friendship is eternal and something we all try to find, but the majority of the time allowing ourselves to trust another person is harder than finding a needle in a haystack.

Just last weekend I experienced one of the most miraculous events I might ever have, and made some of the best friends I know I ever will. We were all going to unload and set up a carnival we were being paid to host the next day. After we finished our two and a half hours of toil and trouble, we went to a meeting for our drama society (the reason we were doing all of this) and then on to a sleepover at our teacher's house. We had fun playing all the normal games for co-ed fun until about midnight when the guys had to go upstairs. Then it was just us girls.

Although we knew each other a little, we soon found our just how different we all really are. So, for the next three and a half hours we had the most open and up-lifting conversations we might ever have all together. There were things said that made everyone cry, and there were times we couldn't help but laugh, but one thing is certain. During this interlude, we formed some of the strongest bonds we surely ever will. From seniors to juniors to sophmores and freshmen, we now know there will always be someone there to count on. We know we have a place to stay if anything should go wrong, and we know just how much we all love each other. Old friendships were strengthened and new ones were created to last. I now know who to really call my friends and who and what I am more than ready to stand up for.

I leave you only with the words my new friend left me with...love, respect, and friendship.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

What a lovely post, my dear girl! I so happy to hear you found some good friends. You deserve them :)

6:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful post

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Princess said...

Wow!!
Great post
Most people go their whole life without a friend like that.

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Princess said...

hi
Ileft that last comment, I thought my blog name would come up, but instead it didn't.
check out my blog at
princessspeaks.blogspot.com
Cindy

7:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really glad you had this experience and are mature enough to actually KNOW that you had it.

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home