http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/smelsy/homecoming.jpg

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sitting on the Edge of My Seat

It seems that summer is nearly at a closing point, and school is just around the corner... yet again. As you can more than likely guess, this is my freshman year, and i'm getting a little edgy. Although I know my friends will always be there to help me, I can't even imagine how much they've changed in our time apart and how much they've grown up since school has been over. Granted, there will defintitely be those people (and I can probably name them right now) that have yet to give even the slightest note of difference. But how will I know that my best friends will stay my best friends, or even good friends to me? The answer is that I don't know. So much can happen in a school year that it seems almost impossible. Our minds change each day as much as our classes do in a week. We make friends and we lose friends, we gain enemies and we conquer them (some of the time). There are people that try to lend a hand to us through our successes and our oppositions, but the truth is we have to forge our own way. Learning to count on certain people constantly can't make you stronger, it only makes you dependant. We have to learn for ourselves that yes, it is nice to have someone there to give a push in the right direction now and again, but the vast majority of the time we have to think for ourselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

These next few years will really wean out the straglers and cement in the friends for life. God, I don't miss school.

Nice post! Very good writing here. I look forward to more :)

6:21 AM

 
Blogger Freshman Blood said...

I'm glad you liked it. Just took me a while to figure out what to write about.

6:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home